Tokito Oda took up the sport after watching Shingo Kunieda play.

           Tokito Oda took up the sport after watching Shingo Kunieda play

Tokito Oda, a teenager from Japan who plays wheelchair tennis, started playing the sport after watching Shingo Kunieda play it. He wants to play for the children now.








Memorial Place : Paris holds a special place in Tokito Oda's heart. He was named after the Circular segment de Triomphe, the notorious landmark in the core of the city, and he additionally won two of his four wheelchair tennis Huge homerun titles at the French Open.
The 18-year-old accepts it is destiny that he is making his Paralympic debut in Paris.

Heart touching words: "This is an exceptional spot for me, and there's no assurance that there would be one more Paralympics in Paris while I'm alive. I've been playing with an outlook that this is a rare chance for me to play at the Games in Paris," he said.

In front of the wheelchair tennis singles competition, Oda posted on Instagram a photograph of him making a wish before the Circular segment de Triomphe, with "Visionary". He defeated Ben Bartram of Great Britain in straight sets on September 1 to reach the men's singles tournament's third round.

"It is very special for me to return to Roland Garros because I have not lost a match at the French Open in the past two years." He stated, "I want to do it again."

"I figure these Games will be a defining moment in my life. The Games will be a chance for me to change my life radically. I don't have the foggiest idea how, yet I'm certain."

Oda, who has been dubbed Kunieda's successor by the media, says that "these Paralympics" are his biggest challenge since starting wheelchair tennis.

Yet, he has been his own "greatest ally" from the beginning, and he realizes that Paris is his fortunate spot. At the current year's French Open, he won without dropping a solitary set on the notorious red earth courts.
"I think my greatest ally is myself since I've chosen everything without help from anyone else. My parents are also supportive, but I chose almost everything, including where to go and whether or not to play this sport. All that I picked without help from anyone else, and I feel that is vital to carry on with my own life."

More Related News ,




Post a Comment

0 Comments